Monday 14th June 2010

I love bacon and eggs for breakfast. It's a pity I don't cook it more often at home since I'm not a morning person and like to sleep in when I can. If I do happen to get out of bed early, I'm usually in a rush to head out. Every now and then though, I do enjoy making the effort of having a bacon and egg breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.

Okay, so I didn't wake up early enough for breakfast. But I did wake up for lunch!

I panfried some bacon and an egg side by side in the pan and toasted the multigrain in the toaster. I didn't want to toast the sandwich in the sandwich press because I planned to have the yolk in the egg runny and applying pressure on the sandwich would risk the yolk bursting and making a mess on my press - a mess on my press...ha! Not to mention I'd lose that delicious yolk.

Toasted Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich

Delicious!

I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping these last few weeks so dinner had to be improvised from what I have at home.

I had a lovely addition to my noodles. Mum's employers are Vietnamese and they gave her some of the sliced pork that you get in your noodle soups when you eat out at Vietnamese restaurants. I've googled it but I can't find a name for it just yet. I may have to consult some of my Vietnamese friends. It's essentially a roll of pork meat - rather processed - and you slice it up and add it to your noodle soups.

Bun Bo Hue

My bowl looks a bit sad - I didn't have any fresh Vietnamese mint.

No comments: