Friday 16th July 2010

One of things I am going to absolutely love about my new job is FRIDAY HAPPY HOUR!

That's right, by 4:30 the wine is poured, the snacks are out and we're drowning out the week by chilling out.

I brought some figs stuffed with Drambuie and mascarpone and apricots stuffed with Cointreau and mascarpone.


HANS CAFE
Shop 3, 29 Station Street, Subiaco

Not really our first choice of restaurant to go to but after getting knocked back from a few places for not having a reservation, we settled on here. I think most of us (being of Asian ethnicity) are weary of Hans Cafe restaurants because of the food quality. I have to admit though, the food was actually okay tonight. This is the first time I've eaten at the Subiaco location.

When ordering at a Chinese restaurant, there are a few simple rules that my friends and I follow and they rarely fail us.

Rule 1. Assuming everyone is equally hungry and not fussy about what they eat, we count how many people are present and order one or two less dishes.

For example, if there are eight people for dinner, we would order six or seven dishes.

Rule 2. Order a different meat in each dish and one vegetarian dish.

For example, one pork dish, one chicken dish, one beef dish, one seafood dish. Plus one tofu or vegetable stirfry.


Satays


Fish Cakes


Prawns



Beef


Thai Green Chicken Curry


We also ordered a fish dish but my photos were too blurry to post.

Dinner was followed by dancing the night away with friends at the Sapphire Bar in Subiaco.

We got Maccas drive thru on the way home and I got into bed to eat it before going to sleep =P

1 comment:

Hampers said...

That is one of the coolest posts I have seen on a blog in a while! Love the work to play to Macca's journey.