Thursday 14th October 2010

Last week I grabbed Maccas for breakfast on the way to work and while waiting behind three cars in the drive-thru, I was willing the second hand on my watch to hurry and tick through three minutes so that I would get a free burger. Why a free burger? Well some of you may have seen the McDonalds ads on TV guaranteeing three minute drive-thru service during the breakfast hours or you get a free Big Mac or Quarter Pounder.

By the time I got to the last window, I grinned to see that the clock display in the store showed that it had been 5 minutes and 18 seconds from when my service began.

I nonchalantly asked if I get a free burger since my service took longer than three minutes and the girl in the window hesitated before agreeing and came back shortly with a card that entitled me to my free burger.

Score!

I started the late shift today so I grabbed a Quarter Pounder (for free!) and a large fries.

No comments: