Saturday 1st January 2011

HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE!

After an alcohol-free New Years Eve, I had to get up early for work today. It was great - there was no one out on the roads. I didn't see a single cyclist. Work quiet but since I'm on my own, I was able to keep busy. A great way to bring in the new year huh?

I don't usually make New Years resolutions, but I do like to reflect on the year and perhaps make a note of all I've accomplished, what I didn't get around to doing, and perhaps make a list of the things I would like to achieve in the new year.

I think the thing that sits very high on my list this year is - spend less money.

Next on the list? Probably to try to control my eating and in the process shed about five kilos so that I can fit my clothes. For the past few weeks I've been telling everyone that I will just wait until after the New Years celebrations to decide if I will lose the inches around my waist or buy new pants.

I'm very excited about the progress of my house. I need to start sketching some designs for the layout of my front and back yards. I also need to start getting packing boxes to start putting away my things in anticipation for the big move.

As usual, there's also the thoughts of trying to spend more time with friends, procrastinating less, being more active, sleeping better, finding more time to work on my craft projects, stress less, cook more and just enjoy life in general.


These are the cakes and macarons I bought for Mum's birthday the other day, which no one ate. So I put them all on a plate and started digging into them.

The macarons from left to right: Chocolate, Pistachio, Hazelnut.


Mocha


Coffee


Hazelnut


Pear & Chocolate - I ate this entire piece.
OMG it was delicious!

No comments: