Thursday 17th February 2011

SINGAPORE - DAY EIGHT


Breakfast - Shui Kueh SD$1.10 and Carrot Cake SD$.70


Lunch - Yong Tau Foo - SD$4.50


Second Lunch - Combination Hor Fun


I went bowling with my cousin and his son at the Chevrons in the afternoon. Back in Perth I like to think after a few beers in the bowling alley I get better or at least I can blame my poor performance on the beer. Today I concluded that I play crap with or without the beer!

Afternoon Snack - I shared a Chicken Pie and Garlic Bread


I met up with my cousins on my dad's side of the family and this time my Aunty was back in Singapore and joined us. She's such a cute little old lady - in her seventies and still sturdy as ever even after knee replacement surgery last year.

We drove to Sembawang and ate at Sembawang White Bee Hoon.

As the name suggests, they are well known for their signature dish - white bee hoon! It was soooo good! Very simple home style cooking. Not oily, not fussy and not salty.

We also had a few other dishes:

Sweet and Sour Pork


Pan Fried Fish with Spring Onion, Coriander & Tomato


Sambal Kang Kong


Yes, I ate oh so much today!


Just as we were heading home after dinner, we spotted a small street parade of lion dancers and three people dressed up as the three Star Gods - Health, Wealth and Prosperity.

No comments: