Sunday 3rd April 2011

After a ten hour shift at work, all I wanted to do when I got home was put my feet up and relax. I anticipated this feeling of lethargy and prepared my dinner last night. All I had to do was remove the glad wrap, bung it into the microwave, pour a glass of wine and settle down infront of the laptop to catch up on some much missed episodes of Stargate.

Roasted Lamb Rack with Garlic, Chilli, Sea Salt & Rosemary
served with a side of Potato Bake

The butcher usually scores some slits across the top of the lamb but I followed each slit with my knife to make sure they were a bit deeper so that the flavours of my seasoning would penetrate.

For the seasoning, I combined some olive oil, crushed garlic cloves, dried and crushed homegrown rosemary, cracked sea salt and some chilli flakes. I rubbed this all over the lamb and then roasted it in the oven at 180C for about forty minutes.

No comments: